College Survival and Success
Research support framework
The following shows where College Survival and Success fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I know what the library is, and where it is
- I feel like the library is a welcoming place
- I know who the librarians are
- Time management
- Note Taking
- Building on incremental successes
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Communicate and participate responsibly in order to navigate college systems
- Use college resources and policies to determine and implement academic decisions.
- Students' ability to access resources and use them effectively.
- College/campus resources
- Physically visit or search online to find out where college resources are located on campus and learn what they have to offer students
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Meet at least one of the librarians, and learn how they can assist students
- Locate areas for quiet study in the library
- Outline organizing structures of library collections, including format and classification
- Navigate to library website, and identify key parts, relevant for beginning library users
- Describe where the librarians are located and what they do
- Take a tour, and locate service and study areas available in the library
- Name some of the collection areas in the library
- Identify library orientation tools on the library website
- Communicate thoughts clearly
- Read introductory level text
- Recognize their personal problem solving and learning strategies