Research support framework
The following shows where Business Communication fits into the Research Support Framework developed by PCC Librarians.
- I can develop a topic
- I can search a database and get related results
- Begin academic writing
- Begin informational research
Library support of CCOGs
These are the course outcomes and other indicators which require library support.
- Research, write, and edit business documents using on-line and library resources and business software applications common to the contemporary business environment
- Research skills for printed and Internet sources
Course integrated research support
These are the ways that the librarians can support information literacy achievement for the students in this course.
- Locate library resources relevant to contemporary business topics
- Select relevant information sources in a variety of electronic and print formats
- Use technologies available through the libraries to create presentations
- Use the library catalog as a discovery tool for information sources, and differentiate between books and articles
- Locate and use relevant databases to select relevant industry or scholarly articles
- Identify the technologies available for use or check-out through the libraries
- Develop a specific topic statement
- Identify published, vetted information sources
- Use synonyms for topic search strategy