PCC Library is a wonderful place to work. Find out how you can join the library's diverse and talented team.
For permanent positions, see PCC Jobs.
The library hires work study and occasional student help positions. Work study students must be enrolled, have a work study grant, and taking a minimum of six credit hours.
Performs all or some of the following:
- Checks materials in and out.
- Shelves, retrieves, shifts and re-labels materials as required.
- Conducts inventory of the library collection.
- Maintains the appearance of the facility, keeping it neat and orderly
- Assists staff and public in locating materials
- Gives directional help to library users
- Performs light office work (example- photocopying)
- Assists in closing the library (evening shift)
- May provide basic computer and printing instructions as needed
- May service printer and copier equipment
- Physical ability to stand for an extended period of time, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds; able to push loaded book carts and/or shift shelves of books.
- Capable of reading book labels for shelving and for shelf reading purposes; reasonable accommodation will be made according to ADA laws.
- Accuracy with alpha/number sequences
- Attention to detail
- Basic keyboarding/computer skills desirable
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently in a service environment.
Library Student Employment Application (fillable)
Fill out, print and deliver the completed application to the campus library where you wish to work.