Interested in working for the Portland Community College (PCC) Library? The PCC Library accepts applications for the Library Assistant position year round.
To be eligible for a Library Assistant position, applicants must have a work study grant and be currently enrolled at PCC for a minimum of six credit hours.
Library Assistants work part-time, performing a variety of tasks in order to support the daily functions of the library at each campus. Library Assistants also gain significant work experience and enjoy flexible work schedules. Some common responsibilities of this position include shelving books, providing customer service, helping with collection management, and assisting patrons with technology.
Working for PCC Library is a great way to serve the PCC community while meeting interesting people, serving other students, and developing transferable work skills that can help strengthen your resume.
To apply for a Library Assistant position, please submit the form at the bottom of the page.
Performs all or some of the following:
- Checks materials in and out
- Shelves, retrieves, shifts and re-labels materials as required
- Conducts inventory of the library collection
- Maintains the appearance of the facility by cleaning and keeping it neat and orderly
- Assists staff and public in locating materials
- Gives directional help to library users
- Performs light office work (e.g. photocopying)
- Assists in opening (morning shift) and/or closing (evening shift) the library
- May provide basic computer and printing instructions as needed
- May service printer and copier equipment
- Physical ability to stand for an extended period of time, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds; able to push loaded book carts and/or shift shelves of books
- Capable of reading book labels for shelving and for shelf reading purposes; reasonable accommodation will be made according to ADA laws
- Accuracy with alphanumeric (letter and number) sequences
- Attention to detail
- Basic keyboarding/computer skills desirable
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently in a service environment
Use your PCC Login, fill out the form completely, then select “Submit”. A Library Supervisor will contact applicants with further information if there are positions available.