PCC Library strives to accommodate users with disabilities in a variety of ways. The library prioritizes accessibility in service provision and decision making.
- PCC Library works closely with Disability Services in making provisions for users who need accommodations.
- The library provides comfortable spaces designed for wheelchair access.
- Adaptive technology equipment is available to check out at all libraries.
- Library televisions at Cascade, Rock Creek and Sylvania have closed caption translators.
- The library purchases films and videos with closed captions or subtitles when they are available.
- The library tests all new electronic resources added to the collection with Disability Services testers, and will not add a new subscription database if it is found to be inaccessible. The library provides strong feedback to vendors about the accessibility of their products.
- The library encourages faculty to be aware of the need for closed captioning when they request the purchase of new materials.
- The library’s website strives to be WCAG 2.0 compliant and follows guidelines set forth by the U.S. Access Board
Reviewed 4/27/15, 7/7/16
Updated 03/24/2014, 7/7/16