Library Prize Competition
The Library Prize is an annual cash award for the year's best student writing and research. Winners receive $300 cash, and their projects are hosted on the library website to serve as a model for other students. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Win one of four $300 prizes
- 1 prize (ESOL, ABE, DEV ED classes)
- 3 prizes (100, 200 level classes)
Rules and guidelines
- Projects must include research to be eligible for submission.
- The competition is limited to PCC students enrolled during one of these terms: Spring, 2012; Summer 2012; Fall 2012 or Winter 2013.
- Submissions may include class papers, videos, speeches, audiovisual projects or web pages.
- Entries must have been created for a PCC class assignment and received an "A" grade.
- A citation page (works cited, references, bibliography) of all resources used must be included with all submissions. See
cite sources for help on creating a citation page.
- All submissions are made from the student's PCC email address according to the submission process below.
- Only one project a year can be considered. If you have already submitted, but would like to change your submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before judging begins (Spring term, 2013).
- Incomplete or late submissions cannot be considered.
- Winning submissions become the property of PCC and will be posted on the Library website.
- Complete the Library Prize Submission Form 2013. (The submission link has been removed because the submission deadline is over.)
- Papers are submitted as an email attachment in .doc, .docx, .pdf,.rtf or .ppt format. No other formats will be considered.
- To submit audiovisual projects and web page projects, contact email@example.com. All audiovisual submissions must be accompanied with a script, or an audio or visual recording of the student's presentation.
- All submissions must include a formatted citation page. This needs to be included in the body of the submitted project.
- Submissions that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
All completed entries must be received by 5:00pm on Monday, April 8, 2013.
Winning entries will be announced at the Art Beat Week award ceremony in May, 2013 (Sylvania campus). Winners receive a check for $300 and a certificate. Entries will be posted on the library website and available to the online community. See: Library Prize Competition Winners
Questions? Contact Tony Greiner 971-722-4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.