Find Journals and Magazines
January 23, 2014
If you know the journal or magazine title you're looking for you can find it with the new Library search box.
For Electronic journals: If PCC Library subscribes to the title electronically, you will see the words "Online Access" next to a green dot. To access the journal/magazine electronically:
- Select the "PCC Library" tab
- Enter a journal title into the search box
- Click the "Search" button
- On the left side of the screen, look for the "Format" section and select "Journals." (select the "More options" link if you don't see "Journals" in the list)
- Select the "View it" link to see which databases provide the title
- Select one of the links shown to go directly to the title
- From there you can browse by date, or look for links like "Search within this publication" to look for articles
Print journals: If the library has it in print you will see the words "Available at" followed by a campus location next to a green dot. To see the exact location:
- Select the "Get it" link. This will display campus locations and journal/magazine dates available.
- Select one of the links next to the "Request Options" heading to request particular issues of a journal or magazine.
Looking for a specific article, book, or video? The PCC Library Research Page links to guides on how to use the new catalog, find peer reviewed articles, and more!