Family Study Room
The Portland Community College Sylvania Library offers a family-friendly study room, designed for student parents and their children. This room can accommodate one family at a time, and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students may check out the key at the checkout desk on the first floor of the Sylvania Library. The room does not provide childcare, but offers a family-friendly place for student parents to study and work on projects with their children. Family study rooms are also available at each campus library. See Library Rooms for more information.
Family study room amenities
- May be checked out for 4 hours.
- A private space for nursing mothers.
- One Windows computer for student use
- A reading area for children.
- Comfortable seating.
Guidelines for using this space:
- Do not leave your children unattended, ever. In this open and unsupervised environment, parents are responsible for their children's safety.
- This room is for use by PCC students with children only. There are other library rooms available for individuals and groups.
- To utilize this space, a child must accompany an adult and an adult must accompany a child. Parents are responsible for their children's behavior.
- The books and DVDs in this room may be borrowed. Other toys, equipment, or items may not leave the room. Please do not leave any personal items in the room when you are finished. Personal items left in the room will be submitted to PCC Lost and Found on a regular basis.
- Library resources are not censored. Parents are responsible for monitoring what their children have access to, both online and in print.
- If you see anything that needs our attention please let us know at the checkout desk.