PCC Library strives to accommodate users with disabilities in a variety of ways. The library actively includes considerations of ADA concerns in service provision and decision making.
- PCC Library works closely with Disability Services in making provisions for disabled users.
- The library provides comfortable spaces designed for wheelchair access.
- Adaptive technology equipment is available at all libraries.
- Llibrary televisions at Cascade, Rock Creek and Sylvania have closed caption translators.
- The library purchases films and videos with closed captions or sub-titles when they are available.
- The library lobbies vendors to increase the availability of closed caption materials by noting its preference with every video ordered.
- The library encourages faculty to be aware of the need for closed captioning when they request the purchase of new materials.
- The library’s website is ADA compliant and follows guidelines set forth by the U.S. Access Board