TITLE: District Custodial Services Manager
Ensures consistency across District facilities in terms of cleanliness, a hazard-free environment, and responsiveness to custodial requests. Identifies opportunities for effectiveness and efficiencies across the District, including cost efficiencies achieved through standardized use of equipment and supplies and is responsible for the implementation of those efforts throughout the district. Plans, organizes and manages district-wide custodial functions.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and administers operational policies, procedures, and processes to ensure a fully operational, clean, and safe environment for campus and center faculty, staff, students, and guests.Monitors compliance with applicable environmental/hazardous waste, waste management and recycling regulations, storm water management, and local codes.
- Supervises paraprofessionals, technical/support and classified staff and performs both direct and indirect supervision through subordinates. Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Administers procurement and fiscal management activities associated with custodial activities. Prepares RFQs, RFPs, and ITBs for custodial related work and monitors associated budgets and vendor performance and outcomes. Ensures compliance with College and public purchasing rules.
- Serves as a contact with outside contractors, third party administrators, and vendors regarding services requested.Monitors and oversees the work to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding programs, information resources, services, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate. Cultivates and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops, implements, and monitors multiple program budgets, ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal restraints; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
- Develops standard operating procedures and performance standards for services.
- Analyzes staffing, equipment, and material needs for operational activities and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Responds to facilities emergencies and deploys appropriate resources and resolves facilities operational problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in both an office environment and an outdoor environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Five years’ progressively responsible facilities services experience, including two years of supervisory experience. Position requires valid State of Oregon Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Custodial best practices;
- Supervisory principles;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) practices;
- Green cleaning principles;
- Storm water management;
- Inventory management principles and practices;
- Budget principles;
- Safety procedures;
- Mathematical principles;
- Project management principles;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Vendor management principles.
- Resolving conflict;
- Prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
- Troubleshooting complex problems related to a variety of facility systems;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities;
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
- Communicate effectively through oral and written mediums;
- Manage projects within assigned parameters;
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings.