TITLE: Vending Route Technician
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of Food Services management, performs a variety of tasks to ensure vending machines are stocked with food products, cleaned and maintained in good working order. Responsible for product requisition, stocking of vending machines, diagnostic and minor equipment repair, inventory, money collection, merchandising and sanitation/cleanliness of all vending machines district wide. Assists with some vending machine food production during summer months and in between terms. Incumbent applies courtesy and tact in exchanging information and providing assistance to vending machine customers and in dealing with suppliers, campus safety and other college staff. Work results impact the quality of product and service received by the customer. Responsible for performing journey-level work output on an independent basis, subject to supervisory direction and review.
- Sets up vending cart with the appropriate supplies: food, cleaning supplies, change and money bags.
- Stocks vending machines daily with food products and conducts weekly inventory. Collects money from vending machines and replenishes changers.
- Keeps vending machines operating in a safe, sanitary and orderly manner. Retrieves and interprets the software version numbers on vending machines as needed. Diagnoses and programs vending matrix when machines are malfunctioning and when there are product configuration changes, or changes to electronic interference. Diagnoses "Health Controls" temperature settings and compressor functions in refrigerated and freezer vending machines. Fills out all fill records and stale reports.
- Picks up parts from local suppliers.
- Programs and maintains prices as per department policy.
- Merchandises food products in machines attractively in accordance with department procedures. Rotates food products to ensure wholesomeness and minimize waste.
- Fills out product requisition forms and works with Food Service Supervisor on food/supply requirements.
- Maintains excellent customer relations with customers in all areas of contact.
- Secures machines and product at all times in accordance with department procedures.
- Assists with vending machine food production during summer months, in between terms and at other times as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Majority of work is performed indoors in open, public areas of campus, with occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions. Food preparation work is performed in a commercial food service operation environment, with some exposure to noise and temperature extremes, ventilation problems and commercial food service equipment.
Extended standing, walking, heavy lifting (50 lbs. +). Ability to push heavy food carts up ramps and on uneven surfaces. Performance of minor equipment repair tasks requires coordination and dexterity. Must be able to reach top shelf of vending machines.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in stocking, maintaining and minor repair of vending machines; including experience working with vending machine matrix and diagnostics; and refrigeration and electrical vending specifications. Or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Proficiency in basic math and documentation skills required to maintain inventory records and process money collection documents.
Ability to work effectively with the public. Must have valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Oregon, and possess an acceptable driving record. Must be bonded upon hire or shortly thereafter.