TITLE: Vending Operations Clerk
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of Food Services Management, is responsible for providing accounting assistance and for performing related general office duties in support of vending machine operations. Responsibilities include weekly inventory and cash reconciliation, preparation of profit & loss statements, price verifications, placing product and part orders, processing accounts payable documents, refund reconciliation and disbursement and miscellaneous office duties as required. Coordinates vending machine maintenance and repair and acts as relief Vending Route Assistant. Job requires well-developed verbal and written communication skills to present and exchange accounting related information within and outside the college. Interpersonal contacts include Financial Services personnel, other college staff, vending customers and external vendors. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis, subject to supervisory direction and review.
- Reconciles cash from vending machines with products sold.
- Prepares weekly and monthly accountability reports, identifying and correcting any discrepancies.
- Processes vending invoices and submits to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Maintains records of all invoices to verify against payments issued by Accounts Payable. Notifies Accounts Payable of errors and monitors credits.
- Maintains vending refund banks at designated location(s).
- Maintains log of machine malfunctions and arranges repair service as needed.
- Prepares weekly profit/loss statement by vending machine and by campus.
- Assists Food Service Supervisor with placing orders for vending food products and machine parts.
- Maintains excellent customer relations with customer in all areas of contact.
- Performs miscellaneous office duties as required, to include but not limited to: answering telephones, greeting the public and answering direction questions, filing and word processing.
- Performs the duties of the Vending Route Assistant during vacation or other absences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Majority of work is performed in a standard office environment. Exposure to video display terminals on a regular basis. Occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions when performing Vending Route Assistant's duties.
Learned physical skill required to perform keyboarding and 10-key functions. Ability to push heavy food carts up ramps and on uneven surfaces and to reach top shelf of vending machines when performing duties as relief Vending Route Technician.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus two years experience with vending machine accounting or in comparable general accounting environment. Experience to include inventory and cash reconciliation, profit and loss statement preparation and product requisition processing.
Proficiency in basic math; accurate keyboarding and 10-key; organizational skill and ability to work independently.
Must have valid driver's license to operate a vehicle in the State of Oregon in order to perform duties as relief Vending Route Technician.