TITLE: Van Driver
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of Traffic and Parking Department management, performs duties which support the traffic and parking program and promote the safety and well-being of the college community. Incumbent is responsible for providing vanpool transportation to students, faculty and staff and for providing information and assistance to the college community.
Work situations require consideration and interpretation of circumstances or information to choose the most effective responses. Solutions are relatively straightforward and well-defined once problems are understood. Job requires patience in communication and well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange information with individuals or small, informal groups. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section.
- Provides vanpool transportation to students, faculty and staff in response to radio or telephone dispatch as well as on established routes; safely assists people using personal mobility devices on and off the van.
- Provides information and assistance to students, staff, faculty and the general public. Directs motorists and the general public to campus locations.
- Maintains logs of daily actions; provides alternative transportation awareness information to students, staff and the general public.
- Maintains current knowledge of traffic, parking and security methods.
- May be required to perform first aid assistance and/or CPR.
- Patrols campus roadways and parking facilities to enforce parking and other PCC Motor Vehicle Codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed both indoors and outside in all types of weather. Shift work and some overtime may be required.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and sit for long periods of time; safely assist people using personal mobility devices on and off a van and work outside in all types of weather. Must be able to pass a post-hiring physical examination.
High school diploma or equivalent, with minimum of six months experience in a public service position requiring effective interaction with customers or the public.
Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective customer/public relations and problem/conflict resolution skills.
Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles within the State of Oregon and have an acceptable driving record. Must be able to obtain basic first aid/CPR certification within three months of employment. Must be able to pass a personal and criminal history background check.