TITLE: Production Scheduler
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under graphic services management schedules and coordinates all incoming reproduction/graphic projects for the college and manages the workflow and record keeping to ensure deadlines are met. Employs well developed verbal skills to present and exchange technical and complex information with faculty, staff and management.
Incumbent is a key contributor with work results impacting the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responds to work situations with minimum guidance or direction.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and assigns work to specific areas of the Print Center such as press, graphics, signs and digital printing/duplication. Makes independent workflow decisions to meet production deadlines. Reviews and approves work through each phase of the production process.
- Consults with customers regarding job information, scheduling, work orders and deadlines; Assists customers in determining the best options for processing projects. Functions as Bookstore liaison, coordinating revisions with instructors.
- Monitors work assignments for production outcomes and workload distribution.
- Operates equipment and performs production tasks to meet established deadlines. Trains and oversees the work of part time and work-study help in the operation of equipment.
- Assists walk-in customers with copies, transparencies and other requests.
- Maintains records and produces reports according to college requirements.
- Maintains inventory of critical supplies and materials.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office environment operating demanding/noisy equipment. Incumbent may be required to work extended hours on an intermittent basis.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding and operation of graphic services equipment. Position requires a combination of standing, sitting and lifting/moving of supplies (up to 50 pounds).
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree or two years of training in printing, graphic art or related field. Experience performing the duties above may substitute for the degree or training on a year-for-year basis. Two years of experience in a production environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.