TITLE: Food Service Operations Coordinator
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under general direction assists director with the planning, scheduling, organizing and directing of food service activities with major emphasis on catering. Job requires well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange technical or complex information. Interpersonal contacts include college students, staff and individuals from businesses regarding catering arrangements. Incumbent is a key contributor with work results impacting the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responsible for producing work with minimum guidance or direction.
1. Plans and schedules catering for district campuses including coordinating the location, menu, number of guest, room set-up, cost calculations and billing information with customer. Maintains database detailing catering requests. Coordinates with Food Service Supervisor on each campus, as needed, regarding catering requests and staffing requirements.
2. Monitors and tracks budget, invoices, billings and other financial data for cost-effective operation. Works with vendors to reconcile invoices.
3. Maintains database tracking system for all purchases including food items, equipment and maintenance repairs. Assists with obtaining pricing for equipment bids and maintains records of quotes from contracted services. Tracks outside catering companies to ensure the food service department pricing is competitive.
4. Gathers and assembles data for district Profit and Loss Statements. Works with campus supervisors to ensure their invoices reconciled with the district office.
5. Ensures district food service payroll information is accurate and timely and meets college requirements.
6. Assists with development of marketing materials for the food service department such as catering menu, coupons, advertisement etc.
7. Hires and schedules part-time student employees.
8. Performs general secretarial and support functions.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding functions.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of commercial food service operations coordination experience, including responsibility for catering, budget monitoring and customer relations. Knowledge of County/State/Federal health and safety regulations pertaining to commercial food service operations. Knowledge of office systems required.
Strong written and oral communications skills. Must be organized and detail oriented. Accurate keyboarding and data entry and word processing skills required.