TITLE: Development Associate
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Director of Development, provides support and assistance to the Foundation office by planning and coordinating fundraising activities such as special events and their volunteer support, as well as recognition programs for donors, volunteers and scholarship recipients. Writes and coordinates donor correspondence as assigned. Conducts targeted solicitations with potential contributors for event sponsorships, scholarships, annual fund gifts, and special campaigns as assigned. Oversees the work of casual and student interns as assigned.
- Assists the Foundation with the development and implementation of special events, fundraisers and other projects by handling logistics such as creating invitations and marketing collateral materials, event set-up, developing and maintaining guest lists, registration and seating charts, soliciting lower-level sponsors, tracking sponsorship payments, and doing thank you letters, recruiting and training volunteers, and providing other related administrative support as needed.
- Assists with the creation and organization of donor recognition programs to honor contributors as part of an overall Foundation donor recognition program. Serves as a point of contact with donors once a gift is completed. This may include invitations to special events, coordinating thank you calls from staff, board or committee members, securing donor gifts and awards, and special donor communications all with the goal of enhancing donor relations with and giving to the Foundation.
- Prepares and coordinates donor correspondence as assigned. This may include drafting donor thank you letters or fund reports.
- Through email and phone calls, conducts lower-level dollar solicitations with potential contributors for event sponsorship, scholarships, annual fund gifts and special campaigns. May train and oversee the work of casual or student employees.
- Utilizes database to input donor cultivation and solicitation activities for tracking and monitoring of results, documenting of donor correspondence and reports and action items.
- Assists with conducting preliminary research on prospective corporate, organization, foundation, and individual donors as assigned.
- Assures confidentiality of all data, including sensitive information related to donors, students, volunteers and staff.
- Handles administrative support work associated with the foundation board or its committees as assigned. Duties include preparation and distribution of meeting notices, agendas, preparation of meeting packets, drafting meeting minutes, etc.
- Prepares and assembles Foundation marketing and publicity materials for distribution. Updates website content for special events or as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of college level course work in business, communications or a related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the college level course work. Two years of related experience in a business office environment preferably with exposure to fundraising, event coordination and volunteer committees. Must be proficient in the use of word processing and database software. Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form and establish and maintain effective working relationships.