TITLE: Contracts Coordinator
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the department management, the coordinator develops, implements and monitors program budgets, contracts and subcontracts. He or she trains staff and subcontractors regarding reporting and billing requirements, as well as the monitoring of this data. The incumbent possesses and applies knowledge of all pertinent state and federal regulations affecting the program and its subcontractors. Interactions with others primarily encompass program staff and partners, and subcontractors. Job requires well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange technical or complex information. Incumbent is a key contributor to the effective operation of the department. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
- Assists the director with program and fiscal planning, implementation and evaluation. Monitors program budgets, purchases, billing procedures and accrual reports. Makes appropriate recommendations for fiscal programs and reviews fiscal status on a regular basis with the director.
- Works in cooperation with the director in the day-to-day operations of the Dislocated Workers Project sites, including facility and equipment and systems management.
- Assists the director with the preparation of funding requests, grant applications, and proposals needed for program expansion.
- Assists the director in the preparation of contracts and subcontracts for the delivery of program services. Oversees the daily operations related to subcontract preparation, monitoring and corrective actions.
- Ensures federal and state contract compliance by maintaining appropriate records and documentation. Prepares timely reporting to review with director on a regular basis, ensuring program audit and compliance requirements.
- Coordinates all activities between the colleges grants and contracts accounting office regarding fiscal reporting matters to ensure timely completion of financial report and billing statements.
- Coordinates risk management activities for projects, grants and contracts. Maintains confidentiality standards regarding individual client and program operations.
- Ensures the training of all administrative support staff.
- Performs special project, developmental work and other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding and ten-key functions. Minimal physical exertion is required. Occasional lifting, guiding, and/or carrying of light-weight materials or equipment.
Associates degree or two years of college level course work in business, accounting or related area. Experience performing the duties described above may substitute for the education requirements on a year-for-year basis. Two years of experience providing support in the area of grants and contracts development. Budget monitoring experience required.
Good recordkeeping and organizational skills. Must have the ability to prepare complex documents. Skill in accounting/bookkeeping sufficient to maintain fiscal recordkeeping and accurate up-to-date budget information. Good analytical and problem solving skills required. Must have the ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of all pertinent state and federal regulations affecting the program and its subcontractors. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Working knowledge of office practices and procedures. Working knowledge of personal computer applications.