TITLE: Senior Cashier/Business Office
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of Business Office management, provides limited oversight of cash operations for designated campus business office and/or responsibility for complex district-wide transactions. Accuracy must be maintained in a sometimes noisy and high pressured environment. Interacts with a diverse volume of students, staff, vendors and the general public. Requires strong customer service skills, and well-developed verbal skills. Must be reliable, be able to respond to work situations with minimum guidance or direction, and handle difficult customer service situations with tact and diplomacy.
Intent: This is the senior level of the cashier job family where employees provide oversight for district-wide business office functions, technical assistance on complex issues, and typically coordinate the work activities of unit staff.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Includes some or all of the following)
- Performs complex cashiering and district-wide back office functions for student accounts following specific college procedures and policies. Accepts payments, posts charges, issues refunds, and processes complex account reconciliations. Must be familiar with college billing and refund policies, institutional and FERPA confidentiality regulations; and Federal Title IV cash management regulations.
- Works with management to coordinate office coverage to ensure appropriate staffing levels during peak periods for daily breaks, vacations and unexpected absences.
- Provides training and guidance to Classified and Casual cashiering staff. Ensures that Classified and Casual cashiers are aware of procedural changes within the office.
- Monitors, maintains and reconciles complex cashier's report of all student, staff and merchant transactions on a daily basis. Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Assists Classified and Casual cashiers with error correction and balancing (potential exists for multiple variations of errors).
- Processes staff imprest cash transactions and posts miscellaneous department revenue to finance system. Disburses money; verifies accounting distribution, supporting receipts and authorizing signatures. May maintain campus records of imprest cash transactions for audit purposes.
- Handles a variety of difficulty face-to-face customer situations with tact and diplomacy. Common situations include: students/staff unable to register, obtain transcripts or cash checks due to holds; enforcement of accounts receivable procedures; and inability to process non-related activity when other offices are closed. May intervene on the behalf of cashiers.
- Provides technical assistance to students, staff, managers and the general public regarding: fee assessment; accounts receivable policies and procedures on payment, billing, refund and collection; general assistance on academics, vocational programs, registration, financial aid disbursement procedures, operational hours and college policies.
- Handles all cash transfers to and from the campus vault, including preparation of daily cashier tills and emergency tills, and purchase or sale of currency and coin from central cash vault. Ensures high level of security of cash operations. Reconciles cash in campus vault with accounting records on a weekly basis.
- Monitors transfer of large sums of currency and checks via armored transport to bank and central cash vault. Coordinates changes to armored transport schedule for designated campus.
- Handles merchant cashiering functions for departments with large currency and coin deposits. Provides receipts and maintains merchant deposit records for campus Business Office. Reconciles all such funds and prepares appropriate bank deposit documents.
- Prepares money bags from departments (Learning Resource Centers, Parking/Transportation Services, Community Education, Food Services and Food Services Vending) for armored car transport to the Sylvania cash vault, maintaining a high level of security.
- Ensures that relevant information is posted and visible to students, staff and the general public.
- Troubleshoots problems on video display terminals and printers. Reports unresolved problems to central help desk.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office with seasonal exposure to noise extremes. Daily exposure to video display terminals. Work may be performed sitting or standing.
Performs repetitive keyboarding and ten-key functions. Required to lift/carry heavy money bags (up to 25 pounds) to and from safe.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of high school or college coursework in bookkeeping or accounting. Experience performing the duties described above for two years may substitute for coursework. Two years work experience in an office environment processing, recording or compiling accounting, bookkeeping or cashiering transactions.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external customers, including ability to defuse anger and resolve complaints/issues. Organizational skills and ability to work independently. Able to consistently follow financial and administrative procedures and to explain these procedures to those unfamiliar with them.
Strong business mathematics skills. Proficient in the use of computer and a variety of related software. Accurate keyboarding and 10-key skills.