TITLE: Parking Lot Maintenance Specialist
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Parking and Transportation Services Manager, performs routine maintenance and repair of PCC parking lots and roadways. May provide assistance to other positions in the Parking and Transportation Department.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Includes some or all of the following)
- Maintain PCC parking lots to ensure stalls, curbs, crosswalks, directional arrows, and other traffic signs are clearly marked and perform necessary painting.
- Install, repair, and replace PCC roadway and parking signage, bicycle racks, and parking permit dispensers. Install thermoplastic markings as needed. Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of department busses including pressure washing of vehicles. Drive busses to various locations within PCC for repairs.
- May be called upon to remove biohazard material.
- Assist Transportation Coordinator and Field Transportation Coordinator with fleet maintenance and maintaining parking lot permit dispenser.
- Assist Transportation Demand Management Specialist with collecting data for surveys and car counts.
- Serve as Transit Service Operator when necessary. Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENTAND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials. Work schedule may include weekend hours.
High school diploma or equivalent; three years of experience in basic facilities, construction or repair experience in a commercial or industrial setting. Experience in operating heavy and/or light motorized equipment and use of power and hand tools.
Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger endorsement for operation of motor vehicles within the State of Oregon or Washington and have an acceptable driving record.