TITLE: IHP Community Training Center Assistant
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Director of the Institute for Health Professionals (IHP) and the Regional Director of the American Heart Association Community Training Center (CTC) at IHP, performs a variety of activities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the (CTC). The position develops systems and procedures in a number of key areas such as accounting for and reconciling all the American Heart Association (AHA) certificates issued, tracking the Eligible Instructor Provider List and ensuring training sites comply with required documentation. This position assists with drafting and implementing complex policies and procedures in accordance with AHA standards and coordinates data collection and analyses data from a variety of sources to produce reports for management and the AHA.
- Creates and maintains complex databases and spreadsheets. Analyses the data, develops new reports and tracking mechanisms.
- Maintains organized records and files for the CTC which includes student files, tracks and reconciles all AHA certificates issued to students and authorized for the approximately 10-20 training sites that the CTC is responsible for, tracks and maintains over 150 instructor files to ensure the instructor files are up-to-date and the instructors are current in their own certifications.
- Responsible for implementing policies and procedures related to new initiatives, data collection, and reporting requirements in accordance with the AHA guidelines.
- Provides assistance to faculty and students who typically are health professionals such as doctors, nurses, etc., contracting hospital/clinics, staff and the public, interprets and explains college and AHA policies/procedures, checks enrollment and class status, dispenses information and resolves problems/issues.
- Creates student and instructor master files for the CTC and updates record changes.
- Identifies and analyses data tracking problems and works to resolve them.
- Inputs and retrieves information from databases.
- Works with the Regional Director of the CTC to ensure the CTC audit and compliance requirements are met and there is timely completion of statistical and quality assurance information.
- After each course, validates with contracting hospitals/clinics that staff are billed to the correct hospital/clinic and then generates the invoices. The position works in close collaboration with the billing coordinator in the department.
- Provides backup to the department billing coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned including special projects.
Work is performed in an office environment. Exposure to video and computer monitors occurs with high frequency. Prolonged sitting may be required. A learned physical skill to perform keyboarding and mouse function is required.
Associate’s degree or two years of college level course work in business, accounting, or related area. Experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the education requirements on a year for year basis. Two years of experience in a business office environment including exposure to public relations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Work is performed independently with incumbents responding to varied situations requiring the ability to make sound decisions based on knowledge and experience on issues which may not be clearly defined by policies and procedures. Must have the ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of all pertinent AHA policies and procedures affecting the program and the training sites.
This position requires advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and excellent record keeping and organizational skills. Good analytical and problem-solving skills required.
The incumbent employs well-developed verbal communication skills to interact with faculty, students, health professionals, the AHA, hospitals/clinics, fire departments, community agencies, businesses, staff and the general public for information sharing, providing assistance, problem-solving/troubleshooting to ensure the customer is satisfied and to diffuse hostile situations. The incumbent must have the ability to develop and prepare complex documents.