TITLE: Sustainable Practices Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Coordinator provides leadership in the development, marketing and implementation of a district-wide Center for Sustainable Practices. The incumbent will facilitate the delivery of multi-disciplinary educational programs, an information resource hub, demonstration projects, workshops and conferences which incorporate environmental, economic, and social aspects of sustainable technologies and practices.
The Center for Sustainable Practices Coordinator interacts with a diverse group of people both inside and outside of the College to establish the program tactical plan and objectives and develop partnerships with educational institutions, industry, government and the community.
1. Coordinates the development of a district-wide Center for Sustainable Practices which includes the creation of a business plan and curricular plan model.
2. Collaborates with College administration and faculty to develop strategic, tactical and fiscal plans in support of the program.
3. Develops and maintains partnerships with Portland State University and other educational institutions, industry, government and communities to deliver educational programs, demonstration projects, an informational hub, workshops and conferences.
4. Establishes and chairs a district wide advisory council to provide assistance and guidance in program development.
5. Works with PCC Grants Office and others to identify potential grant sources and opportunities; initiates and coordinates the development of grant proposals and other funding sources that support the goals of the Center for Sustainable Practices.
6. Represents the College to partners and the community in the area of sustainable practices and works with the Public Affairs Office to market the programs and activities of the Center for Sustainable Practices. Promotes the programs by serving on taskforces and committees within the College and the community.
7. Manages the program budget including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring expenditures.
8. Works with the College's information technology and marketing departments to support the Center for Sustainable Practices through the development and maintenance of a web site.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Works is performed in an office environment. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required. Regular travel, between campus locations and businesses in the local area requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Generally minimum physical exertion is required.
Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in an area of sustainable practices is required. Two years of professional level experience in an area of sustainable practices may substitute for the educational emphasis, not the degree requirement.
Demonstrated experience in program coordination or development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of sustainable practices.
Skill in operating a computer and various software packages including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software;
Ability to develop and implement both short term operational and long term strategic plans;
Ability to develop and manage program budgets;
Ability to coordinate a team of professionals from varied backgrounds and disciplines;
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form;
Ability to work effectively with a diverse work team.