TITLE: PACTEC Partnerships Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
In support of the PACTEC Education Consortium, the PACTEC Partnerships Coordinator provides leadership in guiding and assisting the college and high school faculty in developing and adapting curriculum to create Tech Prep programs including dual credit ("articulation") agreements. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and updating current dual credit agreements (professional technical and lower division collegiate), developing new agreements, and assisting college and high school faculty in developing seamless pathways in professional technical education programs between feeder high schools and PCC.
Contacts with others includes both high school and college faculty and administrators, as well as students, parents, counselors, school-to-work coordinators and admissions coordinators. The Coordinator plays a critical role in the development of professional technical education and dual credit agreements for the college and high schools.
1. Provides leadership, liaison activities and resource information for the development and maintenance of programs and instructional projects that articulate between the college and district high schools, including the Technical High School Academy (THSA), 2 + 2 agreements and Project Advance.
2. Maintains and updates current articulated instructional and program agreements including:
- organizing and coordinating annual program review and evaluation
- writing agreements, securing signatures, updating as needed
- overseeing registration process and recording of grades
- preparing student participation reports
- updating term by term THSA student enrollment information with
- Accounts Receivable, Bookstore, and Institutional Research
3. Promotes and markets partnerships (2+2), Project Advance, THSA to high school district administrators, building principals, counselors, and teachers. Coordinates activities with PCC Admissions Coordinators. Visits high schools. Participates in career fairs, community college parent nights, committees. Assists in design of marketing materials.
4. Provides direct services/liaison to THSA students and high school counselors including coordinating meetings among students, parents, high school counselors, professional/technical program faculty. Assists in enrollment of students, including testing, new student orientation, advising, and registration. Troubleshoots student problems, i.e., registration, billing, adding/dropping classes.
5. Performsother related duties as assigned
Work is performed in an office environment with frequent travel to meetings throughout the region of the PACTEC Education Consortium. Occasional work outside standard business hours (e.g., early morning or evening meetings).
Minimal physical exertion is generally required. Most job time is spent sitting with occasional walking and lifting of boxes of materials for distribution at meetings.
Bachelor's degree in an area related to professional technical education or CAM (Certificate of Advanced Mastery) endorsement area. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Demonstrated professional experience working in a community college or high school in one or more of the following areas: administration, teaching, counseling, or student services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of professional technical (vocational) education at either high school or community college levels.
- Considerable knowledge of education reform in Oregon.
- Skill in curriculum development.
- Skill in coordinating projects.
- Skill in operating computer and software such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people including high school and PCC faculty, administrators and staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.