TITLE: Online Learning Program Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Online Learning Program Coordinator is responsible for the distance learning program non-credit coursework offered by the Community Education Department. Performs a full range of functions associated with the program including identifying new course offerings, locating vendors and providers, program operation and administration and extensive marketing activities including maintaining the program website. This is responsible, professional level work developing and managing an important educational program for the College.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes all or some of the following)
1. Provides leadership in the identification and development of new courses in the emerging market of
non-credit online instruction.
2. Evaluates and establishes relationships with multiple vendors; advises on contractual arrangements.
3. Works with vendors and instructors to monitor, modify and improve curriculum.
4. Coordinates and conducts market analysis in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator for assigned program(s) to target customers.
5. Establishes partnerships and/or coordinates with other College departments to develop a
comprehensive program of distance learning activities and modalities.
6. Assists students with technical problems that may arise during the course completion process; Serves
as a liaison between students and online instructors.
7. Obtains student evaluations of online courses. Ensures timely follow-up and response to student
8. Develops and monitors the online program budget. Computes instructional costs, (material, equipment,
maintenance) for use in budget projections and measures cost effectiveness.
9. Participates in program planning with Community Education Department managers.
10. Reads and researches to stay current on distance learning, online educational trends, changes,
developments and teaching strategies.
11. Participates in district-wide college committees to network and promote assigned program.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Exposure to video display terminals occurs with varied frequency. Occasional need to attend early morning or late evening meetings/functions.
Physical exertion is not a normal requirement of this job.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year experience in education or other discipline providing knowledge of community education and/or online education delivery systems. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: adult and community education opportunities and programs; educational delivery systems and computer software programs relevant to online instruction and web page design; educational administration and funding sources and requirements; adult learning theory and techniques; marketing and research tools and techniques.
Ability to: develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, vendors and others contacted in the course of work; work with an ethnically and culturally diverse staff and student population; prioritize and manage multiple projects independently; communicate information, including technical information effectively in oral and written form; effectively utilize the full array of office equipment and software and applicable specialized software programs as assigned.