TITLE: Business Services Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
The Business Services Coordinator develops systems and coordinates with business partners to provide services to businesses in Washington/ Multnomah County. Services to businesses may include recruitment, screening, and referral to targeted jobs; presentations to business associations regarding Workforce Network/Alliance services and labor market resources in Washington/Multnomah County; coordination of special events for businesses; and providing labor market information to businesses. The incumbent is responsible for assuring that the needs of businesses are served by the Workforce Network/Alliance as well as the needs of job seekers. Interactions with others include peers at a regional level, Employment Department representative, business partners and committees, various businesses, Chambers of Commerce and business associations.
1. Work with business partners and other vendors of business services to facilitate employer access to services.
2. Develop and maintain a system of targeted recruitment of workers for employers which involves all business partners and affiliates in this system.
3. Respond to employer requests for services.
4. Coordinate activities with the One Stop Systems Coordinator and the State Employment Department Employer Relations Representative.
5. Participate in the development and maintenance of a fee for service structure to employers for services beyond those provided with grant funds.
6. Market program services including participating in the development of a marketing brochure to businesses.
7. Participate in professional business groups to build relationships, market services, and gain ideas about offering and improving business services.
8. Coordinate business services in Washington/Multnomah County with regional business service efforts.
9. May direct the work of assigned staff and participate in screening and interview/selection processes, performance evaluations and the training of new employees.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. The incumbent works regular hours with occasional meetings in early morning or evening. This position requires the ability to respond to specific business needs and to develop a system of response to businesses. It requires the ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects in a timely manner.
Basic level of learned physical skill required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handing of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily. Travel between various agencies and work sites requires the ability to drive and use of personal vehicle.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, a social science discipline or other job related area. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated experience working in employment and training or related social services. Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of businesses in Washington County.
Knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Knowledge of current labor market trends.
Skill in designing and developing systems.
Skill in group facilitation.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.