TITLE: International Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of International Education management, performs professional level duties in researching, analyzing and resolving complex technical issues related to international student admission, registration, and records. Provides maintenance and analysis for systems processes and regulatory compliance including the accuracy and integrity of international student records. Functions as the technical expert regarding international admission and outreach and the academic record.
- Coordinates international admissions counseling for prospective students and dual admission process with partner institutions as well as other educational institutions throughout Europe and Asia.
- In collaboration with International Education management, assists in developing and implementing district-wide, campus-based, and program specific marketing and recruitment strategies including coordinating high school and business visitation programs; planning and coordinating campus and district events such as college visitations and tours, college fairs, business and industry visits etc., to inform the public about educational opportunities available at the College for international students.
- Interprets and provides critical analysis of international enrollment services policies, procedures, compliance and technical review of work processes. Researches, analyzes and evaluates a variety of complex data, information and statistics regarding international admissions, registration and records for online processes, telephone helpline, and direct services. Summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
- Runs specialty reports to determine compliance of international students with academic progress challenges. Provides reports for management and works directly with the Registrar to ensure compliance with federal, state and other regulations.
- Tracks statistics, gathers data, and writes reports. Monitors and reviews assigned budget accounts.
- Coordinates district wide admissions and referral during the recruitment admissions process.
- Collaborates with the College’s marketing department to design and implement international marketing plan.
- Serves as a liaison to high school, embassies and language centers admissions counselors.
- Evaluates international students’ transcripts, applications, and bank statements.
- Provides general advising services to international students when needed.
- Oversees and directs the work of Enrollment Specialists.
- Administers international student health insurance program and prepares analytical reports. Coordinates with the international insurance company and foreign embassies.
- Serves as an international education program liaison to business office and third-party billing.
- Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO-F1) for international students and Alternate Responsible Officer for faculty and student exchange programs (ARO-J1), maintaining the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements for students and faculty.
Work is typically performed in an office environment and requires extensive use of computer and telephone. This position may include some evening and weekend work and domestic and international travel.
Physical exertion is not a normal requirement of this position.
Bachelor’s degree in International Education, Social Sciences, International Business or closely related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Two years of demonstrated experience in International Education, international student programs, recruiting, marketing or related field. Fluency in second language may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of regulations associated with international student admissions, registrations, student visa and SEVIS.
- Working knowledge of international student recruiting and reporting.
- Considerable knowledge of college admissions policies and procedures.
- Skill in reviewing/evaluating foreign transcripts.
- Skill in delivering presentations.
- Strong intercultural communication skills.
- Skill in operating a computer and supporting software.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Ability to learn and apply applicable federal regulations.
REPLACES: International Student Admissions Specialist 05/09