Pre-paid Legal Services
Cyndi Lewis Wolfram: 503-756-1966
- Eligible employees
- include all employees, but part-time Faculty, Casuals and Student employees cannot pay through payroll deductions.
The United States has become the most litigious society in the world and the cost of justice has become so prohibitively high that it is simply not affordable to the majority of Americans. Now you can have the legal help you need at a fraction of the usual cost. As a Pre-Paid Legal Services member, you won’t have to worry about the cost of legal help because the services you need most are prepaid through your membership.
As a PCC employee, you are eligible to enroll in this voluntary program for discounted legal services. This legal plan covers you, your spouse or domestic partner, children living at home, unmarried dependents up to the age of 21 or up to 23 if they’re in school taking 12 hours of classes. Guardianship is covered up to the age of 18 and disabled children living at home are covered at any age. It allows you to practice "Preventative Law" in every area of your life, for every covered member.
- Cost is $14.95 per month for OR and WA residents; you may enroll or discontinue coverage at any time
- For employees paid monthly, post-tax payroll deductions are available, others may use automatic withdrawal
Services May Include:
- Unlimited toll-free consultations with your Provider Attorney
- Letters/phone calls made on your behalf by your Provider Attorney
- Contract/document review
- Will preparation
- Moving traffic violation representation
- Tragic Accident representation
- Personal injury/property damage collection assistance
- Trial defense services
- IRS audit legal services
- 25% discount on legal services not otherwise available through membership