Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

Benefits enrollment:

When does the benefit plan year begin and end?

The benefit plan year begins October 1 and ends September 30.

When is open enrollment?

Open Enrollment runs August 15 to September 15.

When can I enroll online?

When you are newly eligible for benefits, you can enroll online after you attend benefits orientation, within 31 days of benefit eligibility. You can also enroll online or make changes each year during Open Enrollment.

How do I enroll or make changes to my benefits?

Use MyOEBB, the online system for enrolling in benefits and changing benefit selections. There are two ways to access MyOEBB.

Through MyPCC:

  1. Logon to MyPCC https://my.pcc.edu
  2. Click on the Employee Tab
  3. Click on My Health Insurance
  4. Logon to MyOEBB. If it’s your first time logging on, click on Register Here

Directly through the MyOEBB website:

  1. Go to https://myoebb.org
  2. Logon to MyOEBB. If it’s your first time logging on, click on Register Here

What if I don’t want benefits through PCC?

To opt out of benefits at PCC, you must have another group benefits plan. If you are a part time faculty member, you may have a group or individual benefits plan. You must log on to MyOEBB to opt out or you will be enrolled in Moda Plan E, self only, PCC’s default medical plan.


What medical plans are available to PCC benefits-eligible employees?

There are four medical plans available to benefits-eligible employees at PCC: Kaiser Permanente and three Moda plans with different deductibles, coinsurance, etc.

What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)?

An HSA is a tax-advantaged account established to pay for qualified medical expenses for those who are covered under a High Deductible Health Plan. With money from this account, you pay for healthcare expenses. Any unused funds are yours to retain in your HSA and accumulate toward your future healthcare expenses or your retirement.

Is there a limit on how much I can contribute to an HSA?

The federal government sets limits on the amount you can put into an HSA each year. In 2014, the limits are $3,300 single, $6,500 family. In 2015, the limits are $3,350 single, $6,650 family.

How do I sign up for HSA?

OEBB has contracted with U.S. Bank as the preferred vendor for HSA accounts. For more information, go to www.mycdh.usbank.com/faq.html.

What are the advantages of an HSA?

  • Your contributions are pre-tax or tax-deductible*
  • Interest earned is tax-free
  • Tax-free withdrawals may be made for qualified medical expenses
  • Unused funds and interest are carried over, without limit, from year to year
  • You own the HSA and it is yours to keep, even when you change jobs, change health plans, or retire

*Contributions are tax-deductible on your Federal tax return. Some states do not recognize HSA contributions as a deduction. Your own HSA contributions are either tax-deductible or pre-tax (if made by payroll deduction). See IRS Publication 969. Consult a qualified tax adviser for advice.

What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?

An FSA is a tax-advantaged account established to pay for qualified health and/or dependent care expenses. Participants must reenroll each calendar year and unused funds are forfeited. Open Enrollment for FSAs occurs in November. Part-time faculty members are eligible for a dependent care FSA only.

If I select a medical plan and it doesn’t work for me, can I change my mind later?

No. Once the enrollment deadline passes, your plan selections in MyOEBB cannot be changed until the next Open Enrollment, unless you have a qualified status change.

What is a Qualified Status Change?

A qualified status change (QSC) is a life event that may change your benefits eligibility. For example, marriage, divorce, adoption, birth or death are all QSCs. You have 31 days from the date of the event to make a change to your PCC insurance including adding or dropping dependents, dropping all PCC coverage if you become eligible for other group coverage, or changing plans if you incur a 10% or greater premium cost increase. Contact Benefits as soon as possible to ensure there’s no lapse in coverage. (For a complete list of QSCs, visit http://www.oregon.gov/oha/OEBB/docs/QSCMatrix.pdf.

What are coinsurance, copays, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums?

Detailed benefits information and a glossary of benefits terms are available on the PCC Intranet. If you have questions, please contact a Benefits Specialist for assistance.

What is the PCC “Cap?”

The Cap is the contribution PCC makes to the cost of your medical, dental and vision benefits. Part-time faculty members get a flat Cap of $438.75, regardless of the tier of medical coverage. They must be enrolled in a PCC medical plan to be eligible for dental and none of the Cap applies to dental coverage. For all other benefits-eligible employees, the Cap amount is based on your tier of coverage for your medical plan. It is pro-rated based on FTE.

Tier Employee only Employee + spouse/partner Employee + child/children Empl + Spouse/Partner + Child/Children
2014-14 Cap $675 $1,237 $1,150 $1,458

What is Healthy Futures?

Healthy Futures is a voluntary wellness program offered by OEBB. If you and your spouse/partner (if applicable) decide to participate, you must complete a secure and confidential online health assessment provided by your medical carrier. To complete this step, log on to http://www.kp.org or http://www.modahealth.com/oebb. Based on the results of your health assessment, you must take two actions. These actions may include a tobacco cessation program, a weight management program such as Weight Watchers, a walking program, preventive services such as annual dental cleaning or a mammogram, and many more. Participation in Healthy Team Healthy U counts as two actions. Report your actions during Open Enrollment and you will receive a lower deductible or reduced copays the following plan year.


Do I need to select a pharmacy plan?

No. Pharmacy plans are included in the medical plans.

I’m on a Moda medical plan. Can I go to any pharmacy?

You may go to any retail pharmacy. However, if you use a pharmacy that is affiliated with Moda, you will likely save money. The pharmacies identified on the Moda website have negotiated discounts with Moda for prescriptions.

Do both Kaiser and Moda have mail-order pharmacies?

Yes. Both provide the convenience of receiving a 90-day supply of medications through the mail. Depending on the type of medication, many retail pharmacies will only dispense 30 days of medication at a time. With Moda Plans C and E and Kaiser, you may receive 90 days of most prescriptions for two copays.


What dental plans are available?

Four plans are offered: Moda Dental Plans 4 and 6, Kaiser Dental and Willamette Dental. All plans cover orthodontia except Moda Dental Plan 6.

Can I get my teeth cleaned more than twice a year?

Under the Moda dental plans, pregnant women in the third trimester and diabetics are eligible for additional cleanings. To take advantage of these additional cleanings, you must sign up for the Oral Health Total Health program with Moda after you enroll in Moda Dental. Willamette Dental assesses a member's oral health when determining how many cleanings will be provided in a plan year. In some cases that could mean a single cleaning, in other cases more. Kaiser Dental does not specify how many cleanings are provided in a plan year.

How do I let Moda know that I want to be part of the dental program that allows additional cleanings per year?

Contact Moda Dental Customer service for more information on Oral Health Total Health. An application form is required. OEBB Moda Dental contact numbers are Toll-free: 866-923-0410 and Local: 503-265-2910.

Are part-time faculty eligible for dental insurance?

Yes. Part-time faculty members may enroll in a dental plan so long as they are enrolled in a PCC medical plan. No portion of the Cap will be applied to dental premiums.

What is the waiting period?

If you do not enroll yourself or your dependents in dental or vision coverage the first time you are eligible and enroll at a later time, the first year of coverage will pay for preventive care only, unless you lose other coverage due to a QSC.


Which vision plans are available?

We offer two vision plans: Moda Vision Plan 1 and Kaiser Vision Plan 5. You must be enrolled in Kaiser medical to enroll in Kaiser Vision.

Does the waiting period apply to vision?

Yes. If you do not enroll yourself or your dependents in vision coverage the first time you are eligible and enroll at a later time, the first year of coverage will pay for an examination only, unless you lose other coverage due to a QSC.

Life Insurance:

Does PCC provide life insurance?

Yes. PCC provides basic term life insurance at no cost to eligible employees.

May I enroll in optional life insurance?

Yes, you may purchase optional life insurance when you are newly eligible for benefits and during Open Enrollment, subject to underwriting requirements.

Do I have to provide beneficiary information for life insurance?

You may provide names and contact information for specific beneficiaries. If you do not, life insurance benefits will go to your beneficiary under the standard order of survivorship. You can update your beneficiaries online at any time.

Accidental Death & Dismemberment: (AD&D)

Does PCC provide accidental death and dismemberment insurance?

Yes. PCC provides basic AD&D insurance at no cost to eligible employees.

May I purchase additional accidental death & dismemberment insurance?

Yes, you may purchase additional AD&D coverage when you are newly eligible for benefits and during Open Enrollment.

Disability Insurance:

Does PCC provide disability insurance?

Yes. PCC provides long-term disability insurance at no cost to eligible employees. If you claim is approved, you may be paid two-thirds of your salary after a 90-day waiting period.

Long-Term Care: (LTC)

What is Long-Term Care insurance?

Long-term care insurance is voluntary, employee-paid coverage to help you pay the cost of care in a nursing home or through a community-based care provider.

May I enroll in Long Term Care insurance?

Yes, you may purchase long term care insurance when you are newly eligible for benefits, or during Open Enrollment, subject to underwriting requirements. Go to http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/long-term-care.html for more information.

Employee Assistance Program: (EAP)

What is the name of our current Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?

Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH) is the OEBB EAP provider.

How can I contact RBH?

Reliant Behavioral Health can be reached at 1-866-750-1327 or visit https://www.myrbh.com/. Our access code is OEBB.

Additional Assistance

For more information, please contact a Benefits Specialist.