Oregon College Savings Plan
This is not a PCC plan, and the material presented here is for informational purposes only.
The State of Oregon has partnered with Strong Investments to offer a plan where you can contribute up to $150,000 to help fund a child's future college expenses, including tuition, books, room and board, and other qualified expenses.
- Tax-Deductible Contributions
- Up to $2,000 in annual contributions may be deducted from your state income taxes. Plus, the earnings in the account grow tax-deferred until withdrawn -- and then they are taxed at the student's lower tax rate.
- Flexible Investment Options
- Open an account with as little as $25, or as much as $150,000. Contributions can be made by check, money order, electronic funds transfer, federal wire, or automatic investment plan. A payroll deduction plan is not available through PCC.
- Use for Any College, Anywhere
- The plan's savings can be used to pay for expenses at any accredited school of higher education -- including vocational schools, 2- and 4-year collages, and even graduate school -- anywhere in the nation (and even some abroad). And, you're eligible to participate in the plan if either you or your beneficiary is a resident of Oregon at the time you sign up.
If you have any questions about the Oregon College Savings Plan, visit them online at www.OregonCollegeSavings.com or call toll-free at 1-86-OR-Savings (1-866-772-8464) to speak with a College Planning Specialist.