Guidelines for Mid-year Changes
PCC employees may add or drop insurance for themselves and their dependents only within 30 days of a qualifying event or at Open Enrollment.
Qualifying events for dropping insurance include:
- divorce, legal separation, or termination of a domestic partnership
- a child no longer qualifying as a dependent such as turning 26 years old, getting married, or moving out and becoming financially independent
- dependents becoming newly eligible for another group plan through a spouse, partner, or other employment
Qualifying events for adding insurance include:
- marriage or a new domestic partnership
- birth, adoption, or legal guardianship of a child
- loss of other coverage due to losing eligibility
Please contact a Benefits Specialist if you need assistance in determining whether a qualifying event exists. In order to comply with the tax code regulations, it is important to discuss potential qualifying events with the PCC Benefits staff as soon as possible in order to not miss the window when medical and dental insurance changes are allowed.