Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a broad range of employer and employee paid benefit options.

PCC Open Enrollment 2015

August 15 to September 15

This Benefits Open Enrollment is mandatory! Everyone who is eligible must enroll or opt out in the MyOEBB online system by the deadline of September 15, 2015. If you do not remember your MyOEBB user name and password, click the “I Forgot” button and follow the directions.

Your medical, dental and vision plan enrollments from last year will NOT roll over to the 2015/16 benefit year. If you do not enroll in a plan or opt out by the September 15th deadline, you will be enrolled in the default medical plan, Kaiser Medical Plan 3, for yourself only, without vision or dental.

Open Enrollment is your opportunity to:
  • Enroll in medical, vision and dental plans.
  • Add or drop dependents.
  • Choose to participate in Healthy Futures, take your health assessment and record your healthy activities.
  • Opt out of insurance. Must have other group medical coverage to opt out.
  • Enroll or change Health Savings Account (HSA) if enrolling in Moda Plan H or Kaiser Plan 3.
  • Enroll or change optional life insurance or accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
  • Enroll or change Long-Term Care (LTC) insurance plan.
  • Update personal information.

Visit the Open Enrollment web page for more information.


Full & part-time Classified, Managerial, Academic Professional and Confidential employees:
eligible for the benefits listed below, unless otherwise indicated.
Full-time Faculty:
eligible for the benefits listed below unless otherwise indicated.
Part-time Faculty:
eligible for Health Insurance Trust Fund, Group Medical Benefits (those who meet established eligibility criteria), and other benefits marked with single asterisk (*).
Casual employees:
eligible for Retirement, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (457 Plan), Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b Plan) and Credit Union.


For medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long term care insurance, you must enroll online in the OEBB system within the specified enrollment timeframe. For enrollment in other benefits, please see the sections below.

New Employees:
Review this website, attend a monthly group benefits orientation and enroll online within 31 days of benefit eligibility.
Open Enrollment:
Your annual opportunity to enroll or make changes to your current benefit plans. You must enroll or opt out by the end of the Open Enrollment period, August 15 to September 15.
Mid-Year Changes:
Certain qualified status changes, such as the birth of a child, adoption, marriage, newly formed domestic partnership or loss of other coverage may permit insurance enrollment. You must notify Benefits and enroll within 31 days of the event.

Paying for Benefits

PCC makes a monthly contribution (“the Cap”) toward health insurance premiums. The Cap amount is determined by the tier of coverage you choose for your medical plan and is pro-rated by FTE for part-time employees. Cost sheets contain detailed information for all benefits eligible employees.

Summary of Benefits

Health & Dental

Please refer to the HIPAA Privacy Notice for information on how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and under what circumstances it is classified as protected information.

Group Life & Disability

Retirement & Financial Matters

Leave/Time Off

Tuition Assistance

College Facilities

  • * Part-time Faculty inclusive
  • ** Part-time and full-time Classified and Academic Professional only
  • *** Not eligible to any part-time employee

Frequently Asked Questions

Whom can I cover on my medical, dental, and vision insurance?

You may cover your spouse or domestic partner (Certificate of Domestic Partnership required); your dependent children, stepchildren, domestic partner's children, adopted children and other dependent children related to you (e.g., grandchildren). If you or your spouse/partner are not the biological parent, you must provide custody or legal documents showing proof of adoption, legal guardianship or other court order. Eligible dependent children may be covered until the end of the month in which they turn 26 years of age.

When can I change health insurance plans?

You may change health insurance plans during Open Enrollment only. Open Enrollment is August 15 to September 15 each year, with changes effective October 1.

When can I add or drop dependents to my medical, dental or vision insurance?

You may drop dependents at Open Enrollment or with a qualified status change (such as divorce or a child turning 26). The change will become effective the first of the month following the qualified status change. You may add dependents when first enrolling in benefits as a new employee, during Open Enrollment, or within 31 days of a qualified status change (such as marriage, birth, adoption or loss of other coverage). You will need to complete a Mid-Year Change Form to add or drop dependents. Please contact a Benefits Specialist if you have a qualified status change.

When can I add other benefits?

You may enroll when first eligible as a newly benefited employee and during Open Enrollment each year. You may enroll in the flexible spending account program for the upcoming year during the program’s Open Enrollment period in November or with a qualified status change. You may enroll at any time in pre-paid legal, OnPoint Community Credit Union, MetPay (group auto, homeowners, renters insurance), savings bonds, tax deferred annuity plan (403b) and Oregon Savings Growth Plan (457).

When will my benefits become effective?

Except for Part-Time Faculty*, your benefits become effective the 1st of the month after you have been in a benefits eligible position for 30 days. Example: A full-time employee hired August 21st will be eligible for benefits effective October 1st. Part-time benefited employees must be paid for 32 hours in a pay period to maintain eligibility, and full-time benefited employees must be paid for 80 hours or 10 days each pay period. If you work fewer hours than needed to maintain eligibility, you may continue your insurance on a self-pay basis through COBRA.

How do I enroll?

To enroll or opt out of medical, dental, vision, optional life, optional AD&D insurance and optional long term care insurance, register in MyOEBB and follow the online enrollment process. You may also access this web site under the My Health Insurance section on the Employee tab of MyPCC.

If your questions are not answered on this website, please contact a member of the Benefits Team.