Thank you for making An Evening for Opportunity out of this world!
Five hundred friends and supporters “touched down” in the Pearl District on April 10, 2015 to help the PCC Foundation launch extraordinary futures. Thanks to the outstanding generosity of all who attended, An Evening for Opportunity raised a record-breaking $425,000 to create life-changing opportunities for PCC students.
Our favorite "star" moments:
- An inspiring program featuring student speakers Frances Fagan, Tan Nguyen, and Jordan Nickerson with a keynote address by PCC student leader Keith Jones.
- Futuristic rocket table centerpieces laser cut and crafted by our very own PCC MakerSpace.
- Brilliant “space suit” costumes: Star Trek crew members, astronauts, space queens, and more!
- Patron Award Winners Stephanie Fowler and Irving Levin’s “live long and prosper” acceptance remarks.
- Walking on the moon in the lovely lunar photo booth. See photos and order prints.
- Honorary Gala Chairs Junki & Linda Yoshida’s hilarious on-stage interactions with PCC mascot Poppe the Panther.
- Hula hoop troupe The Spinnerettes dancing to local surf rock band WaveSauce.
- PCC student ambassador dressed aptly as “Mission Control” rocket scientists raising $10,000 for student scholarships through raffle ticket sales.
If you couldn’t join us for the gala, you can still be the rocket fuel for extraordinary PCC students. Make a donation.
Check out the glamorous gala event photos.
Congratulations to the 2015 Patron Award Winners, Stephanie Fowler and Irving Levin of The Renaissance Foundation.
Many thanks to our stellar sponsors!
Max and Carol Lyons
|Jon V. Jaqua and Kimberly B. Cooper Advised Fund of the Oregon Community Foundation|
|Jeremy and Rebeca Brown|
|Ron and Karen Wilkinson||Denise and Robert Frisbee||Marion Levitan and Howard Werth|
|Robert and Laurie Wagner||Cheryl Burgermeister, Diane Boly, Thane and Renee Cleland||Ross Lienhart|
|Samuel S. Johnson Foundation|