PCC FOUNDATION Gala
Saturday, May 18, 2013
1401 SW Naito Parkway
Portland, OR 97201
Tickets*: $150, Tables: $1500
Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction at 5:30 pm
Dinner at 7pm
- Live Motown entertainment
- Tributes to Dr. Pulliams
- Inspiring speakers
- Dancing to follow program
* Online tickets are no longer available. Call the PCC Foundation at 971-722-4382 with inquiries.
"You Really Got a Hold on Me"
Motown. From "Heat Wave" to "Stop! In the Name of Love," the Motown label has provided an amazing legacy of music, opening doors in the 1960s for performers like the Supremes, the Temptations, and so many more. Motown also had an influence on PCC College President Preston Pulliams: he always dreamed of joining the Temptations! Fortunately for us, because of the encouragement of his parents – and a $600 Rotary scholarship – Dr. Pulliams instead became the first in his family to go to college… and went on to lead an incredible career in higher education.
"The Way You Do the Things You Do"
This July, Dr. Pulliams retires as president of Portland Community College, the largest institution of higher learning in Oregon, where he has worked tirelessly to fulfill a mission of student success and build community and economic vitality. Although he never became a member of the Temptations, Dr. Pulliams leaves an impact on our region that's as memorable as any Motown song.
You are invited to join us in honoring Dr. Pulliams at the annual "Evening for Opportunity" Gala Benefit – this year, in the spirit of Motown! Proceeds from the Gala will support the "Campaign for Opportunity" – Dr. Pulliams' personal challenge to raise the next million dollars for low-income, first-generation students from local high schools so that they can attend PCC. The need is great and the stakes are high. But at PCC, students are succeeding with the help of donors and partners like you. Please join us for a spectacularly fun evening as we groove to the hits of Motown and make opportunity happen for deserving students.
Honorary Gala Chairs
Junki and Linda Yoshida
Master of Ceremonies
- Yoshida Family
- Max and Carol Lyons
- Dr. Preston and Joan Pulliams
- Marion Levitan and Howard Werth
- PCC Cascade Campus President's Table – Dr. Algie Gatewood
- PCC Rock Creek Campus President’s Table – Dr. Birgitte Ryslinge
- PCC Sylvania Campus President’s Table – Dr. Linda Gerber
- PCC SE/ELC Campus President’s Table – Dr. Jessica Howard
- PCC Federation of Classified Employees
- Arthur and Ella Booth
- Cheryl Burgermeister
- Wing-Kit Chung
- Thane and Renee Cleland
- Betty and Dick Duvall
- Denise and Robert Frisbee
- Norma Jean and Henry Germond
- Cheryl Hinerman
- Ross Lienhart and Sheila Edwards-Lienhart
- Deborah and David Miller
- Chris and Tom Neilsen
- Barbara Raz
Reliable Executive Support Promoting an Evening of Camaraderie and Tribute
- David and Carol Squire
- Kristin Watkins and Paul Garrahan