For help, contact academic advising.
PCC has standard prerequisites of reading, writing and mathematics for general education courses. The standard prerequisites are:
- Successful completion (grade C or higher) of WR 115 or placement into WR 121
- Successful completion (grade C or higher) of RD 115 or equivalent test scores
- Successful completion (grade C or higher) of MTH 20 or placement into MTH 60
PCC strongly recommends taking care of any missing prerequisites right away. Students can meet with an academic advisor for help in planning classes and getting questions answered about classes taken at another school. For a list of reading, writing and math prerequisites for all PCC general education courses please see the prerequisite course list.
Placement testing can be completed at any PCC testing office. Things to remember before you take the placement test:
- The placement test can be taken no more than two times in three years.
- Each section of the test can be taken twice during that time period.
- Placement testing is free for PCC students upon admission to the college.
- Visit the testing website for a test preparation workshop.
Have transfer credits from another school?
If you have credits from another school that you think may help you meet PCC prerequisites, you need to request request a transfer credit evaluation.