Credit equivalencies for military training

VA regulations require that we evaluate all previous military training transcripts. You must submit your official military transcripts by the end of your first term receiving benefits.

How to submit military transcripts

  1. Provide official military transcripts to PCC.

    Contact your branch and request copies of your official military transcript.

  2. Complete the request form.

    Have your military credits evaluated by completing the Military Credit Request Form.

How we evaluate military credit equivalency

PCC grants credit equivalencies for formal military courses after we carefully evaluate of transcripts, records, and information according to the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Credit is granted based on the following guidelines:

  • Block credit is not granted
  • Only subject areas taught by PCC will be considered
  • For credit in professional/technical programs, the program department chair will determine equivalencies. The chair may contact the Graduation Office for confirmation.
  • Two credits hours of Physical Education may be granted for military training. A copy of the DD 214 is required.

When we evaluate military credit equivalency

Military and non-traditional credits will be evaluated once your first term of classes has begun. Other traditional college credits can be reviewed and applied prior to term beginning.