Petitioning to Remove Tuition Charges
If you were unable to complete a course due to circumstances beyond your control, you may file a petition to request a tuition credit. If approved, a tuition credit of 25% to 100% will be applied to your account. Petitions do not cover non-refundable lab and other course fees, nor do they change the grade assigned by your instructor. Notification of the outcome of your petition will be sent to your MyPCC email address within 30 days of receipt. Prior to submitting your petition, please review PCC’s registration policies and the petition information listed below.
Wait. You may not need to file a student account petition...
If your issues are related to course dissatisfaction or quality of instruction, course placement or advising, or if you are disputing charges on your account. These issues are investigated by other areas of the college. Depending on the circumstances, the Dean or Manager may or may not allow you to retake the course at no cost, or recommend a full or partial tuition waiver.
All requirements must be met before your petition will be considered. Before submitting your petition, carefully review the information below and verify your account balance by logging into MyPCC and selecting the View My Account Summary link listed on the Paying for College tab.
- Payment: You must pay all past due charges on your account, including the amount under petition. If you are unable to pay the full amount, please call 971-722-2877 to make payment arrangements.
- Documentation: Include independent documentation which supports the reason for your request, along with any information you believe would be helpful to the committee in making their decision.
- Submission Deadline: Your completed petition must be received by the college by following deadlines.
- Petitions due to hardship are due 90 days from the end of the term.
- Petitions for reasons other than hardship are due 30 days from the end of term.
- Petitions are not accepted after an account has been referred for collections.
Complete information about filing a petition can be found on the Student Account Petition Form.
Petitions which do not meet all requirements will be returned without being reviewed.