Federal Work-Study Program
How to Participate: Work-Study 2012-13
- Determine that you were awarded Federal Work-Study.
- Work-Study (FWS) funds are part of a financial aid award. To be eligible to apply to any of the listed jobs you must have been awarded work study on your PCC financial aid award letter. Funds are very limited and they are awarded based on submission date of the FAFSA and financial need. Please keep in mind that in order to participate in the work-study program you must be enrolled in six credits or more each term and be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Complete the Work-Study Orientation.
- Once you have determined that you have work-study funds, you must complete our online orientation. At the end of the online orientation, print out the Orientation Completion Form. Please bring the form to any PCC Financial Aid Office (do not put the form in the drop box or mail it). Once the form is submitted, you will be given an Employment Authorization form. Please submit this form to your supervisor once you are hired. Go to the 2012-13 Work-Study Orientation.
- Find a Work-Study position.
- Our database of work study positions is listed on the right side of the page. You can choose a job that interests you and, if possible, relates to your major or future career goals. Contact the supervisor for an interview and get hired! You must present the Employment Authorization Form to your supervisor for completion. Along with your Employment Authorization Form, you must complete the following with your supervisor before starting work.
- Federal I-9 form - if never employed at PCC before
Federal W-4 form
Direct Deposit form- if desired
Off campus students must contact Dan Brewer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an appointment to complete these forms at PCC.
Have More Questions?
Check out the Work-Study Basics and Frequently Asked Questions web page. If you have remaining questions or need assistance, please contact the financial aid help-line at 971-722-8888 option 4.