Financial Aid Day
Get free help submitting your federal financial aid (FAFSA) form for college
Financial Aid Day is presented in partnership with College Goal Oregon.
Looking for money to go to college? Need help filling out the FAFSA form? Want to find out about other resources to pay for college? This day is for you!
- Saturday, January 5, 2013
- Drop-in from 9am to 12 noon
- At all PCC campuses and the Southeast Center
Technology Education Building, First Floor
705 N. Killingsworth St.
Portland, OR 97217
Rock Creek Campus
Building 2, First Floor Lobby
17705 N.W. Springville Rd.
Portland, OR 97229
Library, First Floor
12000 S.W. 49th Ave.
Portland, OR 97219
Tabor Hall, in the Great Hall
2305 S.E. 82nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97266
Spanish language advisers will be available at all locations.
Call the numbers above for information regarding inclement weather.
What to Bring
Both students and parents should attend if possible.
Students and parents should bring:
- Social Security numbers
- Birth dates
- Federal Student Aid PIN, if you have one (both students and parents need one). The application process is faster if you use your PIN to sign your application electronically. If you don't have one, you can request a PIN from the Department of Education .
- Proof of income for 2012:
- Students and parents must bring one of the following: 2012 W-2s, the last pay stub from 2011 or 2011 tax returns.
- Current value of assets
- Including cash, checking, savings, investments and value of business or farm, if any.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. When should I apply for financial aid?
- Students can begin applying for financial aid for the 2013-14 year on January 1, 2013. Applying online before that date is not possible. Paper applications that are postmarked earlier than January 1st will be shredded by the federal processor.
- 2. What if I haven't filed my taxes yet?
- If you haven’t filed your taxes for 2012 yet, use estimated figures. It is better to file with estimated numbers and make corrections late, than to miss deadlines for funds.
- 3. How do I sign the financial aid application (FAFSA) if I am applying online?
- You can sign the online application in two ways. You can request a PIN number from the Department of Education to sign it electronically or you can print out a signature page after completing the online application and mail your signature to the federal processor.
- Note: if parental information is required, parents need to apply for a PIN also.
- 4. What kinds of financial aid are available?
Federal grants (free money), work study, and loans are the types of financial aid you may be eligible to receive. In addition, the state of Oregon and PCC have financial aid available. The only way to find out what you qualify for is by submitting the FAFSA form. So come to Financial Aid Day and get help filling out and submitting your application.