Oregon DMV will waive the Drive Test for all teen students that successfully complete this ODOT approved Driver Education course. License will still be obtained through DMV. All other licensing requirements still apply. PCC's program provides teens and adults with classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. The behind-the-wheel instruction and in-car observation are scheduled outside of the classroom times and will extend past the last day of class.
- Teens must be 15-17 years old to qualify for the ODOT teen program and complete the course before their 18th birthday.
- Attendance at ALL sessions is mandatory.
- Missed sessions must be made-up at an additional cost.
- Mandatory parent/teen orientation is held at the first class session.
- Must bring Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class.
- Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.
- If you have previously completed an approved ODOT Driver Ed class then you are not eligible for the teen pricing and must register as an adult.
To Register: See instructions below.
Courses are not currently available for this term.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- Classes are open to all teens and adults.
- There are offerings at Portland Public High Schools, Beaverton Southridge High School, Hillsboro Glencoe High School, and PCC campuses. You need not be a student of any particular campus/school to attend.
- Scholarships are available for students on a lunch assistance program. See Part E of the registration form for information.
All Summer Driver Ed classes filled except at Cleveland HS and Wilson HS
Classes fill quickly; registrations are processed in the order received.
For classes at PCC Southeast, PCC Sylvania, PCC Willow Creek, Grant HS, Lincoln HS and Southridge HS:
- Download the appropriate registration form:
- Teens age 15-17 with an Oregon Instruction Permit (Fall 2015 forms available August 12, 2015)
- Adults age 18+ with a permit or license (Fall 2015 forms available August 12, 2015)
- Complete and submit the form by email (email@example.com), fax (971-722-6623) or mail (PCC Driver Ed, SE Campus - ADM 304, PO Box 19000, Portland OR 97280-0990).
- An email will be sent by PCC within 24 hours of the receipt of the registration form and will include registration status confirmation and payment instructions.
For classes at Cleveland HS, Glencoe HS and Wilson HS:
- Call ODTI at 503-225-0770
Bring your Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class. Students should have a minimum of 10 hours driving experience before beginning the class.