Oregon DMV will waive the Drive Test for all teen students that successfully complete this ODOT approved Driver Education course. License will still be obtained through DMV. All other licensing requirements still apply. PCC's program provides teens and adults with classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. The behind-the-wheel instruction and in-car observation are scheduled outside of the classroom times and may extend past the last day of class.
- Teens must be 15-17 years old to qualify for the ODOT teen program and complete the course before their 18th birthday.
- Attendance at ALL sessions is mandatory.
- Missed sessions must be made-up at an additional cost.
- Mandatory parent/teen orientation is held at the first class session.
- Must bring Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class.
- Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.
- If you have previously completed an approved ODOT Driver Ed class then you are not eligible for the teen pricing and must register as an adult.
To Register: See instructions below.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- Classes are open to all teens and adults.
- There are offerings at Portland Public High Schools, Beaverton Southridge High School, Hillsboro Glencoe High School, and PCC campuses. You need not be a student of any particular campus/school to attend.
- Scholarships are available for students on a lunch assistance program. See Part E of the registration form for information.
Teen and Adult Driver Ed classes are filled at these locations: PCC Southeast Campus, PCC Sylvania Campus, PCC Willow Creek Center, Grant High School, Cleveland High School.
- View the current schedule of Drivers Ed classes, or download the schedule.
- You will be required to provide your permit or license number and expiration date to register.
- Winter registration begins November 26, 2014.
- To register for Cleveland, Glencoe, or Wilson High Schools, please call 503-225-0770
- To register for Grant, Lincoln, Southridge High Schools, PCC SE Center, Sylvania, or Willow Creek Center, you may register using the forms below.
Please bring your Oregon Drivers Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class. Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.