PCC provides teens and adults with the best possible driving instruction, both in the classroom and behind-the-wheel. The non-credit, ODOT approved course will prepare students to successfully pass the licensing test and be life-long safe and responsible drivers. The course includes classroom hours, plus 6 hours behind-the-wheel and 6-12 hours of in-car observation. The behind-the-wheel instruction and in-car observation are scheduled outside of the classroom times and might extend past the last day of class.
- Teens must be 15 years or older.
- Attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
- Missed sessions must be made-up at an additional cost.
- Mandatory parent/teen orientation is held at the first class session.
- Must bring Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class.
- Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.
- To register: See Getting Started below. You must provide permit number and expiration date at time of registration. Online registration is not available.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- Classes are open to all teens and adults.
- There are offerings at Portland Public High Schools, Beaverton Southridge High School, Hillsboro Glencoe High School, and PCC campuses. You need not be a student of any particular campus/school to attend.
- View the current schedule of Drivers Ed classes, or download the schedule
- You will be required to provide your permit or license number and expiration date to register.
- Summer registration begins: May 28, 2013.
Fall registration begins: August 20, 2013.
- To register for Cleveland, Glencoe, or Wilson High Schools, please call 503-225-0770
- To register for Grant, Lincoln, Southridge High Schools, PCC SE Center, Sylvania, or Willow Creek Center, you may register using the forms below or by calling the phone number listed in the footnote of the individual class listing:
Please bring your Oregon Drivers Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class. Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.