Workshop: Project Management Fundamentals
Project management is no longer just for construction engineers and military logistics experts. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments and to get those additional jobs done well, under budget and on time.
Although not intended to take someone from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager, this workshop will familiarize participants with the most commonly used project terms and practices.
What Will Participants Learn?
- What is meant by “project” and “project management”
- Recognize the benefits of projects, how to prioritize projects and the phases of a project’s life cycle
- Market ideas and present information in order to pitch a project
- Use project planning tools, including goals and vision statements, to begin developing your project
- Assist with the creation of a Statement of Work
What Topics are Covered?
- Describe what is meant by a project and explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects, phases of a project’s life cycle and how to prioritize projects
- Sell ideas and make presentations related to pitching a project
- Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
- Use project planning tools
- Contribute to creating a Statement of Work
- Date/Time: Next dates TBD
- Cost: $299
In submitting this registration, you consent to all PCC policies and procedures, which includes your consent to Financial Responsibility, Telephone Contact, and Electronic 1098-T Delivery.
For questions regarding this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-722-6686.