Workshop: Project Management Intermediate
Project management is not just restricted to certain industries or to those individuals who are certified as project managers. Lots of us are expected to complete assignments that are not a usual part of our job and to get those assignments done well, within our budget and on time. This workshop is intended for participants who already understand the conceptual phase of a project’s life cycle, including setting goals, creating a vision statement and creating the Statement of Work. The course will take participants through the remaining three stages of planning, execution and termination.
What Will Participants Learn?
- Identify your project’s tasks and resources
- Order tasks using the Work Breakdown Structure
- Schedule tasks effectively using tools such as Gantt charts, flow charts and PERT and network diagrams
- Prepare a project budget and modify the budget and schedule to meet targets
- Identify, assess and manage risks
- Develop and administer a change control process
- Prepare a final project plan then execute and terminate the project
What Topics are Covered?
- What really needs to be done?
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling techniques including Gantt charts, network diagrams, flow charts, and PERT diagrams
- Budgeting tips and tricks
- Assessing project risks
- Preparing the final plan
- Making it fit
- Date/Time: November 5, 2015 8:30am-4:30pm
- Location: CLIMB Center
- Cost: $299 per person
- CRN: 48261
In order to register, system requires a PCC ID Number (often referred to as your G#). If you haven’t taken courses at PCC, you will need to set up an account first. Register Here: PCC Registration
In submitting this registration, you consent to all PCC policies and procedures, which includes your consent to Financial Responsibility, Telephone Contact, and Electronic 1098-T Delivery.
For questions regarding this program, email email@example.com or call 971-722-6686.