HR Skills for Every Manager
Most HR issues start with your employee’s daily routine. Direct supervisors, team leads and department heads are in the best positions to stop problems before they become serious risks. A few basic skills can mean the difference between a smooth running team and costly employee lawsuits. This course is for currently employed individuals, across all industries and fields, who need to develop and/or enhance their management skills.
- Date/Time: July 19, 2014 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Cost: $99 per person
- Register: Look for registration available soon!
What Will Participants Learn?
- Understand key employment laws and how they affect their roles as managers
- Know the Why, What and When of documentation
- Be able to construct an effective discipline plan
- Understand how to accommodate disabilities
- Be able to recognize family leave situations and react accordingly
What Topics are Covered?
- HR and the organization
- HR principles
- The framework of HR law
- State and federal laws
- Key human resource laws
- Basic HR practices
- SMART goals
- Discipline and termination
- Ten suggestions for staying out of legal trouble