Questions? Contact: Bem Hanamoto
What is it?
CLIMB's Nutritional Therapy Program is approved by the National Association of Nutritional Professionals. Students who successfully complete the CLIMB Nutritional Therapy program will meet the educational standards required for application to sit for the board exam in holistic nutrition. The course series is taught over four terms and includes the following topics:
- Assessment Techniques
- Physical health and fitness
- Biochemical and pathophysiology of foods
- Ayurvedics and traditional Chinese medicine/herbology
- Business practice and ethics
- Nutritional research and resources
- Nutritional counseling
- Buying, cooking, and storing food
The program is now offered as a series of in-person, or online, courses. Please see the tab below “Upcoming Courses” for current Online and In-class Schedules.
Please read the Nutritional Therapy FAQs for detailed course and registration information.
Is it right for you?
This series of classes is for health professionals and individuals with an avid interest in combining science (biochemistry and nutrition) and natural, drug-free medicine. Nutritional Therapy is also a great value added for health-industry small business owners, such as naturopathic physicians, chiropractors, acupuncturists and massage therapists. If you would like to learn about a variety of nutritional topics - including the foundations of digestion, blood sugar, mineral and fatty acid balance, hydration, how weaknesses in these foundations lead to degenerative health problems, and how restoring balance improves overall health - these classes are for you!
Are you ready to take the Board Exam?
Students who successfully complete the CLIMB Nutritional Therapy program will meet the educational standards required to become professional members of the NANP. New graduates may apply to sit for the exam without providing documentation of 500 contact hours. The candidate will be allowed two years from the date of his/her exam in which to provide this documentation. Until such time, the candidate will be able to use the title, "Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition Candidate®". Once you have submitted your Board Exam Application to HNCB, you will need to pay for the exam. Once paid, please email email@example.com with your preferred exam date of May 30 or August 22, 2014.
- Nutrition: Anatomy & Physiology Online
- Nutritional Research and Resources
- Nutritional Research and Resources Online
- Nutritional Supplementation
- Nutritional Supplementation Online
- Nutritional Therapy NANP Exam Prep
- Nutritional Therapy Summer TERM
- Nutritional Therapy Summer TERM Online
- Nutritional Therapy: Business Practice, Ethics & Counseling
- Nutritional: Business Practice, Ethics & Counseling Online
- Biochemical/Nutrient Foundations Refresher Online
- Nutrition: Food Therapy in Holistic Healing
- Nutrition: Food Therapy in Holistic Healing Online
- Nutritional Assessment
- Nutritional Assessment Online
- Nutritional Therapy Fall TERM Online
- Nutritional Therapy: Fall TERM
- Nutritional Therapy: Life Cycles
- Nutritional Therapy: Life Cycles Online
- View the current schedule of classes for Nutritional Therapy and write down your CRN .
- Visit Non-Credit Registration and create a new account. Returning PCC Students can skip this step.
- Register for your course online using MyPCC.
Or, learn about setting up this training for your entire team.