Remote and Industrial Advanced Medic Program (RIAMP)
What is it?
The Remote and Industrial Advanced Medic Program (RIAMP) is designed for experienced, certified paramedics and qualified military personnel to provide complex care for both emergency and non-emergency patients in remote land, industrial and maritime environments. These individuals are considered mid-level, advanced providers.
Advanced Paramedic Providers provide outstanding care in a wide range of remote, austere, and atypical environments around the world. This type of work is very demanding on the medic’s skills and knowledge; in addition, many employers in this environment seek staff with advanced training and current skills renewal prior to placement with their organizations.
This course is an extensive advanced medical program and provided over a 20-22 week period through a combination of online learning, onsite practical labs, and internship. The training covers advanced trauma care, atypical resuscitation, extended medical or trauma patient care while waiting evacuation resources, primary care problems, dental emergencies, medical clinic/supply management issues and preventive health.
The RIAMP training is delivered in three segments and provides 400 contact hours:
- Section 1:
- Distance learning via ONLINE course of instruction – January 2016
- Section 2:
- Simulation, clinical applications, practical skills sessions and final written exam at the PCC - IHP, Portland, Oregon – April 2016
- Section 3:
- 100 hour externship with primary care physician, plus a 100 hour externship in an emergency medicine or a remote/developing world setting under the direct guidance of a Experienced Remote Advanced Paramedic, PA, NP or Physician – Based upon availability and/or location
RIAMP Program Details:
Program cost: $9200
- Curriculum Details
- Candidate Application and Waiver - Applications are now being accepted through October 30, 2015
Is it right for you?
This field is consistently in need of trained professionals. There are many opportunities for advanced practice medics in both industry and government contract settings around the world. This exciting advanced field of medicine may be right for you if you have:
- A strong comprehension of both spoken and written English
- A desire to learn, share, teach, and do
- Strong team work skills and the ability to function in a disciplined environment
- Reasonable physical and mental conditioning
- A clear understanding that this program teaches remote and operational medicine via online learning, onsite practical labs, and internship
- A firm grasp that a portion of the program requires performing in hospitals, clinics, and challenging environmental settings both in the U.S. and possibly third world countries.
Individuals interested in RIAMP must grasp that this is a process to meet accepted international standards and that successful completion of the program is not automatic, but entirely dependent on the student meeting all standards and demonstrating the appropriate mindset required.
After completion of both Sections 1 & 2 of the RIAMP training, participants are eligible to sit for the Board of Critical Care Paramedics: Community Paramedic, Critical Care Paramedic and Flight Paramedic exams.
Following completion of a Remote and Industrial Medic didactic and clinical portions (RIAMP), individuals can apply for registration with the Australasian Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (AREMT) as an EMT-Intensive Care Paramedic.
RIAMP individual online Modules Available for CEU
Paramedics will have the opportunity to take individual online modules for CEU credit. Registration is $199 per 10-hour module and can be taken as stand-alone CEU opportunities. We are applying for CECBEMS approval and are working to have in place by Winter Term 2016. Taking individual modules will not apply toward the full RIAMP training. .
For more information on this program, contact Sheila Meserschmidt at 971-722-6630 or email@example.com.