Remote and Industrial Advanced Medic Program (RIAMP)
What is it?
The Remote and Industrial Advanced Medic Program (RIAMP) is designed for experienced, certified paramedics, nurses and qualified military personnel to provide complex care for both emergency and non-emergency patients in land and maritime divisions of the resource extraction, oil, and gas industries. These individuals are considered mid-level, physician extenders.
Physician extenders have provided outstanding delegated care in a wide range of remote, austere, and atypical environments around the world. But this type of work environment is very demanding on the medic’s skills and knowledge; in addition, many employers in this environment seek staff with advanced training and current skills renewal prior to placement with their organization.
This course is an extensive advanced medical program and provided over a 20-22 week period through a combination of online learning, onsite practical labs, and internship. The training covers advanced trauma care, atypical resuscitation, extended medical or trauma patient care while waiting evacuation resources, primary care problems, dental emergencies, medical clinic/supply management issues and preventive health.
The RIAMP training is delivered in three segments and provides roughly 400 instructional contact hours:
- Section 1:
- Distance learning via ONLINE course of instruction
- Section 2:
- Simulation, clinical applications and practical skills sessions at the CLIMB facility
- Section 3:
- 100 hour Clinical Internship with primary care physician, plus a 100 hour internship placement in an emergency medicine environment or a remote/developing world setting under the direct guidance of a Physician or Advanced Medic, respectively.
RIAMP Program Details:
Is it right for you?
This field is consistently in need of trained professionals. There are many opportunities for advanced practice medics in both industry and government contract settings around the world. This exciting advanced field of medicine may be right for you if you have:
- A strong comprehension of both spoken and written English
- A desire to learn, share, teach, and do
- Strong team work skills and the ability to function in a disciplined environment
- Reasonable physical and mental conditioning
- A clear understanding that this program teaches remote and operational medicine via online learning, onsite practical labs, and internship
- A firm grasp that a portion of the program requires performing in hospitals, clinics, and challenging environmental settings both in the U.S. and possibly third world countries.
Individuals interested in RIAMP must grasp that this is a process to meet accepted international standards and that successful completion of the program is not automatic, but entirely dependent on the student meeting all standards and demonstrating the appropriate mindset required
For more information on this program, contact Sheila Meserschmidt at 971-722-6630 or email@example.com.