Course Content and Outcome Guide for WLD 266B
- Posted by:
- Sally Earll
- Course Number:
- WLD 266B
- Course Title:
- Adv Weld Prac Metal Sculpt
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionAdvanced Weld Practice Metal Sculpting Review, practice and strengthen previously learned welding techniques in the fabrication of welded metal sculpture. Fourth class in a four course sequence.
Addendum to Course Description
This is a outcome based course utilizing a lecture/lab format. This course includes classroom discussions, videotapes, lab demonstrations and technical skills. Course outcomes will include theoretical concepts, layout, fabrication, welding, safety and environmental awareness, communication, computations and human relations.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Function safely in a welding shop environment.
- Weld common joint configurations to develop skill sets, whare are agreed upon between the instruction and the student
- Apply advanced knowledge of metal finishing ans weld quality to the fabrication of metal sculpture.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The student will be assessed on his/her ability to demonstrate the development of course outcomes designed by the instructor and student. The methods of assessment may include one or more of the following: observations, visual inspection techniques, welding tests, safe work habits, task performance and work relations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Function safely in the PCC Welding Shop.
- Understand and practice personal safety by using proper protective gear.
- Understand and practice hand and power tool safety.
- Understand and maintain a safe work area.
- Recognize and report dangerous electrical and air/gas hose connections.
- Understand and practice fire prevention.
- Access and explain the importance of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Develop knowledge and skills in Welding
- The instructor and the student will design the course outcomes.