Course Content and Outcome Guide for SPA 291A
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- SPA 291A
- Course Title:
- Spanish Composition
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionReviews and practices basic grammatical concepts to increase confidence and fluency in writing correctly. Recommended: Completion of SPA 203, 251 or instructor permission.
Intended Outcomes for the courseUnderstands the basic components of paragraph and multi-paragraph essays.
Applies language-learning skills to various real-life situations.
Recognizes and approaches cultural differences with respect and open-mindedness.
Outcome Assessment StrategiesStudents will be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Active participation in class discussions.
- Improvement in grammar and writing skills through paragraph and essay writing.
- Improvement of speaking skills beyond the second year level.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Advanced grammar and vocabulary, both in writing and speaking
- Essay organization
- Short readings which provide a basis for discussion and written topics.