- Course Number:
- SC 28
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Education
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionOn-the-job training at a department-approved worksite, providing experience in real work conditions and assisting with career choices. Department permission required. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
Apply learned basic work ready principles to engender positive interpersonal relations and quality work production within a specific workplace and diverse workforce.
Course Activities and Design
- Site supervisor interviews and chooses student (s)
- Student schedules appointment with Instructor and is oriented to the course and the Cooperative Education Training Agreement.
- Instructor and Supervisor discuss Cooperative Education Training Agreement and form is signed off by employer.
- Student develops a training/work schedule
- Site supervisor provides time to orient, train, and gives feedback to student(s).
- Site supervisor periodically meets with student to review progress and notifies instructor if significant issues arise.
- Instructor meets weekly with student to discuss progress.
- Student completes Self-Evaluation Essay.
- Site supervisor and instructor meet to evaluate the students performance at mid-term and at the end of term.
- Instructor completes Student Program Evaluation and submits final grade.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attend worksite on a regular basis with minimal absences.
- Work the required number of hours at the job training site.
- Completes a self evaluation essay.
- Completes an employer evaluation of work performance
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
c. Self Control
a. Reflective Listening
b. Self control
a. Appropriate Dress
a. Acceptable Skills, knowledge, and abilities
b. Appropriate behavior and speech
a. Self esteem
c. Self promotion
e. Follow through