Course Content and Outcome Guide for SC 25
- Posted by:
- Joy Killgore
- Course Number:
- SC 25
- Course Title:
- Thought Patterns for a Career
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionDevelops effective verbal and written strategies to quickly and positively adjust self-concepts, reducing conditioned habits, attitudes, beliefs, and expectations that might otherwise block one's ability to move forward in their personal, academic, and professional life. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Utilize skills of self-reflection
- Utilize skills in responsibility, accountability, self-control, collaboration, and decision-making to set ongoing academic and career goals and pathways.
- Communicate effectively to participate successfully in team environments
- Use self-reflection and positive self-talk to be successful in academic, professional, and personal life.
Course Activities and Design
- Keep guided journal, to become more aware of your life-past, present and future and discover how to apply the success strategies to stay on course for your goals and dreams
- Answer reflective questions responses to understand the thoughts, habits, and behaviors that hold students back and how to change them.
- Read, write, and talk about how to create a successful life by reading
- Thought Patterns for a Successful Career and responding to Focused Videos.
- Participate in team and communicate appropriately.
- Understand Career Pathways
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Complete Journals evaluated with rubrics
- Compile a portfolio and make a presentation to the class
- Write personal and academic goals and strategies to achieve
- Complete Personal Behaviors and Reflective Exercises
- Complete Reflective Paper which describes Journey of Change from beginning of class to end of class.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Conditioning of Thoughts, habits, beliefs, attitudes
- Negative self-talk
- Understand and revise self-defeating strategies