- Course Number:
- SC 18
- Course Title:
- Life Skills
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionAssists students in goal setting, career choices, and job search techniques. Provides brush-up on language skills, business English, introduction to computers, and keyboarding. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Successful completion of Foundation course assignments.
- Effective written business or organization communication skills.
- Confidence that will lead to self-efficacy and a team player.
Course Activities and Design
1.Identify tool bars and parts of computer screen.
2.Create, open save, and retrieve a file.
3.Perform, click, and drag double click functions.
4.Write complete sentences and combine runs.
5.Use precise word choice
6.Use parallel structure
7.Write clear, concise sentences
8.Eliminate redundancy and trite phrases
9.Use Correct punctuation
10. Proofread, edit, and format using skills 7-12.
11. Ask content related questions
12. Perform basic operations in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division on whole numbers and simple fractions.
13. Solve a workplace conflict scenario.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Key, proof, and edit a business letter using word processing program.
Create a business memo using correct format and Standard English.
Work in a team to solve workplace conflict.
Become a tutor peer.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Mechanics in writing
· Follow written and oral direction.
· Interpersonal relations
· Hygiene Life Skills