Course Content and Outcome Guide for RUS 211B
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- RUS 211B
- Course Title:
- Inter Russian Conversation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionEmphasizes conversational skills and listening comprehension at the second-year level. Recommended: Completion of first year Russian at college level or instructor permission.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Manages common day-to-day interactions in predictable setting, using basic vocabulary, present, past and future tenses.
- Applies language-learning skills.
- Recognizes and approaches cultural differences with respect and open-mindedness.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Active participation in class
- Oral interviews with instructor
- In class, interactive student role-plays and other pair activities
- Individual and group presentations
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)Include all or most of the following:
- Furniture and rooms in a house
- Housing in Russia
- Describing objects in a room
- Hobbies and interests
- Travel and vacation
- Family origin and nationality
Competencies and Skills:
- Describes placement of objects
- Manages basic discussions about interests, hobbies, family past activities, plans for future and vacations
- Begins to use aspect correctly in the past tense
- Formulates questions and answers
- Follows basic directions
- Recognizes cultural differences
- Comprehends slow native speech in a highly contextual setting.
- Makes himself/herself understood by a native speaker accustomed to non-native speakers.