- Course Number:
- RE 211
- Course Title:
- RE App-Single Family Residence
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Introduces more sophisticated methods and techniques of valuation related to the appraisal of single family residential properties. Satisfies Oregon State Qualifying Education requirements for licensing/certification. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Real Estate Appraisal Single Family is intended to follow the Real Estate Appraisal Foundations (RE 210) course.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Analysis of the single family residential market, residential neighborhood analysis, and inspecting the single-family residence
- Ability to collect and organize data necessary for the application of the three traditional approaches to value.
- Apply the three traditional approaches to value in appraising the single-family residence.
- Communicate the appraisal through the appraisal report.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Active participation in class
- Individual presentations of case studies
- Contextual written tasks (in or outside of class) to assess reading
- Team projects & team presentations
- Request for real life applications of course material
- In class, interactive student role-plays
- Quizzes and practice exams following State of Oregon Appraisal Certification and Licensure Board question format; Final comprehensive examination patterned after Oregon Real Estate Appraisal license exam