- Course Number:
- RE 100
- Course Title:
- Intro to Real Estate
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Real estate brokerage, appraisal, escrow, and management. Focuses on these aspects of the real estate industry and provides basic information for choosing real estate as a career. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
The typical Introduction to Real Estate student has little or no experience in real estate and desires to become more familiar with the many real estate careers and processes. The course concentrates on basic real estate terminology and concepts.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Be aware of the various careers and activity paths in real estate.
- Be aware of the traditional steps in a straightforward real estate transaction.
- Understand the theoretical basis and practical applications of introductory real estate law and finance topics.
- Become comfortable with basic real estate vocabulary.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Active participation in class
- Contextual written tasks (in or outside of class) to assess reading
- Oral responses to in class hypotheticals
- Request for real life applications of course material
- In class, interactive student role-plays
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Include all or most of the following:
- Real estate careers and other activity paths
- Overview of typical real estate transaction
- Legal descriptions
- Real property compared to personal property
- Title insurance
- Promissory note, mortgages, trust deed, and land sale contracts
- Conventional and government loan programs
- Basic real estate math